Students have an important role in the creation of a University Community which enables the enjoyment of education by all members. This Code of Conduct sets outs the expectations of behaviour that students should abide by. Students are expected to make themselves familiar with the Code.
Behavior that occurs on property owned or controlled by the university, in university online environments and classes, or at activities sponsored by or authorized by the university, is subject to university student conduct review and disciplinary action by the university. The Code of Conduct may also apply to behavior that occurs off campus when it may present a potential danger or threat to the health and safety of others or may reasonably lead to a hostile environment on campus. Disciplinary action may be initiated by the MIUC and sanctions imposed against any student or student organization found responsible of committing, attempting to commit, or intentionally assisting in the commission of the following category of conduct prohibited by the Code:
The University Community
- a) Comply with any reasonable requests from University staff seeking to maintain a positive working and learning environment
- b) Treat all University staff, students and visitors with courtesy and respect
- c) Respect other members’ basic rights to work and live in a safe, secure environment, free from anxiety, fear, intimidation and harassment
- d) Behave in a manner compatible with the University’s Equality and Diversity statement and not discriminate or harass anyone on the basis of their age, disability, gender re-assignment, marital status, pregnancy, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- e) Treat University property, equipment and other materials and the property of others with care and respect
Personal responsibility and behaviour
- f) Remember that you represent the University to the outside world and you’re your behaviour should be appropriate
- g) On no occasion use personally abusive, threatening or violent behaviour. (This will be treated as a more serious breach of the Code)
- h) On no occasion commit or threaten to commit any act which endangers the safety of yourselves or others.
- i) Not engage in any dishonest behaviour.
Complying with University Policies
- j) Make yourself familiar with and abide by the University’s Health and Safety Regulations and Fire Regulations, and comply promptly with procedures in cases of emergency
- k) Make yourself familiar with and comply with the Internet, Intranet and email Code of Practice.
- l) Comply with the Students’ Union’s constitution and rules;
- m) Comply with the University’s Freedom of Speech and ‘No Platform’ Policy for visiting speakers.
- n) Comply with any other published University policies, codes or procedures which are designed to ensure the effective operation of the University.
All the installations and facilities of MIUC are alcohol-free. It’s not allowed the use, possession, or distribution of alcoholic beverages
All the installations and facilities of MIUC are drug-free. It’s not allowed the use, possession, or distribution or being under the influence of illegal drugs or other controlled substances in violation of law. It is included in this:
- abuse or misuse of prescription or over-the-counter medications, other chemical substances or other intoxicants
- use, possession, manufacture, distribution, or being under the influence of designer drugs
Any infringement on this will have a disciplinary file and, in case of proof of evidences, MIUC will not provide any more classes and the student will terminate studies at the moment that the infringement is committed.