Degree Awarded: Bachelor (Hons) in Psychology
The main outcome of the study program is an educated student who knows how to think critically and analytically, to understand the basic concepts of psychological science, to apply the acquired knowledge in different fields of applied branches of psychology, respect the methodological and ethical principles governing the application of acquired knowledge in this field, has developed communication skills and skills necessary to perform counselling and therapeutic work of psychologists.
The program aims to train students to work in various positions in the field of consultative and advisory work in schools, companies, government agencies, marketing and research type of organizations and in organizational activities in variety of sectors, as well as for all other tasks that require knowledge of basic psychological knowledge and skills.
Psychology can be both fun and fascinating.
Studying psychology will give you knowledge, skills and abilities to understand human mind and behaviour. It will give you skills and competences to research, analyse, predict and experiment.
It can help you understand people around you, what motivates them or influences their behaviour. Studying psychology can help you understand yourself, how you grow and change over time, how society and culture affects you, how you interact with your friends, family or teachers.
In studying psychology you will also learn a number of transferable skills including statistics, survey and polling, focus groups and similar forms of qualitative and quantitative research, logical thinking, reporting and problem solving. This makes Psychology graduates highly competitive and sought after on a job market, especially in the field of advertising, marketing, human resource management, etc.The most common areas of specialisation in professional applied psychology are:
Clinical and health psychology
(working in the health system)
(working in the education and school system)
Work and organisational psychology
(working in organisations and industry)
However, there is a growing range of other fields where psychologists have developed applications and professional activity.These include:
- community psychology
- psycho-social intervention psychology
- counselling psychology
- economic psychology
- environmental psychology
- forensic and legal neuropsychology
- sport and exercise psychology
- crisis and disasters
- consumer behaviour
We provide our students with the theoretical and practical tools to develop their critical and creative thinking skills and thrive within a globalised economy.
- Theoretical Knowledge: Demonstrate the ability to evaluate the differences between the different theoretical models of psychotherapy and therapeutic practice and assess the effects of broader environmental influences on the psychotherapeutic process.
- Practical Skills: Learn how to carry out specified methods of enquiry and psychological production.
- Communication: Develop the ability to clearly communicate information, attitudes, and ideas in a specified written, verbal or visual form.
- Research: Collate, critically evaluate, and make and justify links between information, data and appropriate literature, and integrate references to literature effectively with own ideas within work.
- Application: Be able to assess and differentiate the various factors influencing productivity in organisations.
- Data Handling: Identify, access, use and explain information and data that is relevant to clinical, educational and work contexts, and develop appropriate research and application strategies.
With our BSc in Psychology, you will have many different and exciting career opportunities.
Become who you want…
Focus your subject choices within the programme to suit your career aspirations. Your employability is also enhanced through internships and the Capstone Project.
- Human resource manager
- Human resource recruiter
- Marketing and advertising specialist
- Social service specialist
- Market researcher
- Market consultant
- High School Certificate All candidates with a completed high school education are eligible to apply. Students who have studied part of a degree at a different University or accredited higher education institution can apply for a credit transfer.
- Proof of English Proficiency* of candidates who have not previously studied in an English speaking school or country.The tests and minimum scores we accept are: - IELTS - 6 - TOEFL iBT - 72 - Cambridge Certificate - B2 - MIUC English Test - Pass
Application Supporting Documents:You will need to provide the following documents with your application:
- Copy of Passport or ID
- Passport sized digital photograph
- Proof of English Proficiency (If you are not from an English speaking country or have not previously studied in English)
- High School Certificate (Officially translated to English or Spanish)
- High School Grade Transcripts (Officially translated to English or Spanish)
- Statement of Purpose (500 words on why you want to study at MIUC, your expectations and aspirations)
Tuition Fees for BA programmes
|Tuition fee includes the following:|
|Fall Semester:||Spring Semester:||Yearly Fee:|
|Study fees and course materials|
|Access to NEOLMS Learning|
|Full access to the Library|
|Private Health insurance|
|Visa and immigration advice and support|
|24/7 daily student support|
|Total ammount:||9.450,00 €||9.450,00 €||18.900,00 €|
|UK validation additional charge||3.000,00 €|
|In total:||21.900,00 €|
* For the annual payments in advance, we provide 5% discount.
* Apart from the health insurance that we provide for you, you must also submit a travel insurance that is mandatory for the visa procedure.
All students are required to register for the courses in the first week of the semester.
Simply not attending classes later during the semester does not release you from the financial or academic obligation for courses in which you have previously enrolled. If you wish to drop one or more of your courses, you must officially drop the course(s) by de-registering at the Student Services.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH STUDENT TO BE AWARE OF AND UNDERSTAND UNIVERSITY REGULATIONS AS PUBLISHED.