MGIMO double degree page: https://sgia.mgimo.ru/
Location: Marbella (Years 1-3), Moscow (Year 4)
Programme Title: International Relations
Degree Awarded: Bachelor (Hons) in Political Science - International Relations
Our unique joint programme provides the opportunity to discuss a variety of theoretical approaches to international relations within a multicultural classroom. MGIMO-MIUC prepares the next generation of political leaders to intellectually and practically tackle complex issues in a globalising world.
The programme offers insight into the global challenges through an academic approach to the study of world affairs and has been designed through an exclusive partnership to provide students with diverse knowledge and skills in the field. Our students are able to critically analyse and interpret key theoretical debates regarding co-operation and conflict in today’s world.
The first three years of this degree will be completed at MIUC, and students will have the opportunity to spend their final year of study at MGIMO in Moscow, Russia
Key Disciplines Covered:
- International institutions
- Diplomacy and International Politics
- Environmental Politics
- Russian Politics
- Languages (Russian/ Spanish)
A unique point of our joint programme is the opportunity to discuss a variety of theoretical approaches to International Relations within a multicultural classroom.
MGIMO-MIUC prepares the next generation of political leaders to intellectually and practically tackle the complex issues in a globalising world.
We provide our students with the theoretical and practical tools to develop their critical and creative thinking skills and thrive within a globalised economy.
- Global Governance and Strategy: Gain insight into the relationships between countries, the roles of states, intergovernmental organisations, non-governmental organisations and multinational corporations, while learning how to develop successful international strategies to achieve and exercise positions of governance and influence.
- Foreign Policy and Policy-making: Learn how to effectively formulate, implement and monitor foreign policies and other public policies at an international level, to ensure the accomplishment of the expected goals and successful execution of global strategies for local, regional, national or international organisations.
- Intercultural Management: Develop a clear understanding of how gender, ethnicity, religion, and culture impact social relations, and how to manage this cultural diversity to achieve mutual understanding amongst people in culturally complex situations.
- Diplomacy: Learn how to build, maintain and promote diplomatic relations, representing a country’s international interests in political and economic issues while keeping in mind the importance of international branding and the reputation of individuals, governments, and organisations.
- Government Relations, Lobbying and International leadership: Understand the global processes of institutional and social influence through which people and institutions lead current international politics and economy.
- Business and Environment in International Relations: Study the dimensions of business and environment in world politics, solving problems, devising strategies and improvements for a wide range of international organizations. Learn how to conduct research, analyse data, prepare reports and present findings in-company or as an external consultant.
- Security and Crisis Response: Deal with international security and defence by designing and implementing different measures for governments or multilaterals to take to cope with political and military conflicts, environmental disasters and social hazards.
- Political Risk Analysis and Global Assessment: Discover the processes involved in analysing specific situations such as government instability, nationalisation, expropriation, crime levels, land rights or intellectual property rights that define the risks for those making investment decisions abroad.
- Communication and Negotiation: Develop communication skills and learn about the negotiation processes needed to reach mutually-beneficial outcomes, resolving points of difference and gaining advantages in businesses, non-profit organizations, government branches and legal proceedings.
- Foreign Languages Proficiency: Elective courses are offered to help you achieve a good command of languages, which is critical to a career in international relations.
- ICT Skills: Learn how digital technology is emerging as the main catalyst for social, economic and political change, affecting international politics and relations.
With this BA in Political Science, you will have many different and exciting career opportunities.Become who you want…
Focus your subject choices within the programme to suit your career aspirations. Your employability is also enhanced through internships and the Capstone Project.
- Political affairs consultant
- Political researcher
- Civil servant
- Conflict resolution consultant
- Political risk analyst
- Specialised marketing officer
- Specialised journalist or media consultant
- High School Certificate All candidates with a completed high school education are eligible to apply. Students who have studied part of a degree at a different University or accredited higher education institution can apply for a credit transfer.
- Proof of English Proficiency* of candidates who have not previously studied in an English speaking school or country.The tests and minimum scores we accept are: - IELTS - 6.5 - TOEFL iBT - 88 - Cambridge Certificate - B2 - MIUC English Test - Pass
Application Supporting Documents:You will need to provide the following documents with your application:
- Copy of Passport or ID
- Passport sized digital photograph
- Proof of English Proficiency (If you are not from an English speaking country or have not previously studied in English)
- High School Certificate (Officially translated to English or Spanish)
- High School Grade Transcripts (Officially translated to English or Spanish)
- Statement of Purpose (min. 500 words on why you want to study at MIUC, your expectations and aspirations)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum vitae
|Tuition fee includes the following:|
|1st Year at MIUC:||2nd Year at MIUC:||3rd Year at MIUC:||4th Year at MGIMO:|
|Study fees and course materials|
|Access to Blackboard Learning|
|Full access to the Library|
|Private Health insurance|
|Visa and immigration advice and support|
|24/7 daily student support|
|Total ammount:||18.900,00 €||18.900,00 €||18.900,00 €||8.200,00 €|
* For the annual payments in advance, we provide 5% discount.
* Apart from the health insurance that we provide for you, you must also submit a travel insurance that is mandatory for the visa procedure.
All students are required to register for the courses in the first week of the semester.
Simply not attending classes later during the semester does not release you from the financial or academic obligation for courses in which you have previously enrolled. If you wish to drop one or more of your courses, you must officially drop the course(s) by de-registering at the Student Services.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH STUDENT TO BE AWARE OF AND UNDERSTAND UNIVERSITY REGULATIONS AS PUBLISHED.