Degree awarded: BA (Hons) International Business Management (Extended Degree)
ECTS Credits: 240 Learn how to make high-stakes decisions and develop business strategies, while sharpening your ability to influence others across cultures, business functions, and hierarchies. Our BA in International Business Management draws from modern business concepts and industry professional experience from all over the world, with specialist educators in the fields of business, economics, finance, marketing, communications design, and negotiation. Apart from the core course team, several visiting industry experts participate in guest lectures throughout the course. We provide our students with the theoretical and practical tools to develop their critical and creative thinking skills and thrive within a globalised economy. Lecturers use their expertise to teach you relevant theory as well as industry practices, emphasizing opportunities offered by a tertiary education rooted in internationalism and practicality. The programme has a modular structure covering four years of study in business and its pathways. Compulsory modules provide you with the core knowledge and skills that you need, while elective and language modules allow you to shape your course to suit your interests and career aspirations. Over the next four years, you will study international business management, international finance, and international marketing. You will also examine various international business contexts situated within emerging markets and advanced economies. As a student in the course, you are encouraged to take an active approach to your learning, informing and shaping the direction of your learning journey and future career direction.
In this programme, you will learn how to:
- Formulate and implement a successful business strategy.
- Create business opportunities with scalable, sustainable business models.
- Develop HR strategies detailing recruitment, performance management and workforce development.
- Manage intangible assets, such as: product, price, placement, and promotion.
- Strengthen your negotiation position through diligent preparation, by analysing and quantifying alternatives to the deal.
- Engage in process management, supply chain management and customer relationship management.
- Plan and control resources and processes to achieve specific goals as part of temporary endeavours.
- Master translating business metrics into business intelligence, by managing control mechanisms to implement strategy.
- Law and Society
- Economics Foundation
- History of Ideas
- Introduction to Data Analysis and Exploration
- Fundamentals of Business
- Narrative, Media and Cultural Stereotypes
- Introduction to States and Societies
- Introduction to Data Visualization
- Business Environment
- Digital Business
- Consumer Behaviour
- Managerial Economics
- Corporate Finance and Financial Intermediation
- Business Operations
- Organisational Behaviour
- Introduction to Political Systems
- Introduction to Programming
- Digital Marketing: New Trends and Innovation
- Information Systems and Business Analytics
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Process Modelling
- International Business Strategy
- Market Research
- International Business Law
- Foundations of Web Design and Development
- International Law
- Web Content Management System
- Managing International Teams
- Business Intelligence and Decision-Making
- Executive Sales Management
- Artificial Intelligence: Predictive Modelling in Business
- International Market Plan
- Capstone Project
- International Finance and Accounting
- Global Commerce
- Gender and Politics
- Mobile Application Development
Upon graduation, students might decide to further their studies. Potential postgraduate degrees could include:
- MBA (with appropriate work experience)
- MA/MSc International Business
- MA/MSc Banking and Finance
- Financial Service Advisor
- Investment Advisor
- Domestic or Foreign Sales Representative>
- Regional Operation Manager
- Project and Strategy Officer
- Marketing Assistant
- Business Analyst
- Market Researcher
- High School Certificate All candidates with a completed high school education are eligible to apply. Students who have studied part of a degree at a different University or accredited higher education institution can apply for a credit transfer.
- Proof of English Proficiency* of candidates who have not previously studied in an English speaking school or country.The tests and minimum scores we accept are: - IELTS - 6.5 - TOEFL iBT - 88 - Cambridge Certificate - B2 - MIUC English Test - Pass
Application Supporting Documents:You will need to provide the following documents with your application:
- Copy of Passport or ID
- Passport sized digital photograph
- High School Certificate (Officially translated to English or Spanish)
- High School Grade Transcripts (Officially translated to English or Spanish)
- Statement of Purpose (min. 500 words on why you want to study at MIUC, your expectations and aspirations)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum vitae
Tuition Fees for BA programmes
|Tuition fee includes the following:|
|Fall Semester:||Spring Semester:||Yearly Fee:|
|Study fees and course materials|
|Access to Blackboard Learning|
|Full access to the Library|
|Private Health insurance|
|Visa and immigration advice and support|
|24/7 daily student support|
|Total ammount:||9.450,00 €||9.450,00 €||18.900,00 €|
|UK validation additional charge||3.000,00 €|
|In total:||21.900,00 €|
* For the annual payments in advance, we provide 5% discount.
* Apart from the health insurance that we provide for you, you must also submit a travel insurance that is mandatory for the visa procedure.
All students are required to register for the courses in the first week of the semester.
Simply not attending classes later during the semester does not release you from the financial or academic obligation for courses in which you have previously enrolled. If you wish to drop one or more of your courses, you must officially drop the course(s) by de-registering at the Student Services.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH STUDENT TO BE AWARE OF AND UNDERSTAND UNIVERSITY REGULATIONS AS PUBLISHED.